Right about now, while freezing in San Francisco, I crave tropical. And naturally begin my typical research for somewhere to escape. Recently, well, maybe a month or so ago, I saw a film on Netflix that was not only entertaining and funny, but it was filmed in the Canary Islands. Somewhere I’d never been before. I love when a movie delights me – in terms of decor and location. The last time I was this intrigued was when I saw ONLY YOU with Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. which was filmed in when it was filmed all throughout Italy.
Anyway, so because of the film, I did some digging for tourist information and without any more babbling, here are some facts – just in case you are looking for that perfect Honeymoon or anniversary celebration destination:
High Season (Dec–Apr & Jul–Aug)
- Coincides with Christmas, carnival season and Easter
- Accommodation prices are highest in January and February
- Mid-summer is holiday time on the Spanish mainland, so expect more tourists
- July and August are the hottest months of the year, but temperatures rarely hit higher than 38°C
- Rain is possible from January to March, especially in the mountains
Shoulder Season (May–Jun & Sep–Nov)
- Temperatures average around 28°C, nights are cooler
- Fewer tourists visit in the autumn overall
- Higher altitudes, particularly in Gran Canaria and Tenerife, can be far cooler with some fog
Visa and Customs Information click here:
Citizens of most EU member states, as well as Switzerland, can travel to the Canary Islands with just their national identity card. UK nationals – and all other nationalities – must have a full valid passport.
Health and Wellness – go here:
TOP THINGS TO DO – go here:
CHURCH IN SANTA CRUZ DE LA PALMA,ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE IN GÁLDAR,CAVE IN MALPAÍS DE LA CORON, CANARIAN IN PARQUE NACIONAL DE GARAJONAY,MUSEUM IN LAS PALMAS DE GRAN CANARIA,CHURCH IN SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE,MUSEUM IN SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE,BEACH IN LAS PALMAS DE GRAN CANARIA.
Accommodations – Boutique Hotel Pick by your’s truly: