You know I actually was going to leave this topic for my other blog here, but since the fashion introduced on the red carpet is pretty influential and vital to the fashion industry and trend followers, I decided to include some of my favorites and not so favorites from this year’s Golden Globe for the over 40 crowd.
My list of picks for best dressed:
1. Jennifer Lopez – Zuhair Murad gown – best dressed winner in my opinion
2. Nicole Kidman – Prada gown – safe and flawless
3. Kyra Sedwick – Emilio Pucci gown – gorgeous in my opinion – vibrant colors and riskee but truly gorgeous.
4. Melissa Leo – gown unknown – safe, beautiful in a sequence gown.
5. Julie Brown – Tadashi Shoji – elegant and glamorous and very age appropriate
My list of picks for the worst dressed:
1. Helen Bonham Carter – Doesn’t matter what gown – disaster
2. Tilda Swinton – Doesn’t matter what gown – with her model like features, she could have dressed better.
3. Julianne Moore – again her choice of gown is a miss.
4. Halle Berry – Nina Ricci – although she looked hot, in my opinion she forgot to actually wear a gown over her under garment.
5. Sandra Bullock – Jenny Packham – not the best look for her beautiful features.
6. Edie Falco – Valentino gown – not a fan of her take on the one shoulder gown.