I’ve been on this plan since April 2nd and I have to say, I am proud of myself for not falling off the wagon. Meaning, ordering chili fries and beer, or the need to munch through a large bag of skittles just because it is forbidden on this healthy eating plan. I can actually look at rice, or potatoes just to name a few, or sit through a meal with friends eating starchy foods and be okay. So I guess my body has adjusted – hopefully well into the rest of the year.
This morning, after eating two eggs in scramble, or boiled, every morning past, I decided to try this smoothie, even though I had a tough time thinking avocado to be a tasty option in smoothies – but it was fine and a great alternative to the usual eggs and bacon option.
- 1/2 avocado (3-4 oz)
- 3/4 cup full – fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (about 1/2 inch piece)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 cup crushed ice (or more for a thicker smoothie)
- sugar-free sweetener to taste (I actually did not use a sweetener of any sort)