There are some colors in fashion that, no matter how hard you try, you cannot go wrong with them. That’s how I feel about neutrals and no matter what, I am always drawn to the hue. So, for that I have added another one of my favorite outfits, from here (notice my own interpretation of adding color with the earnings :) )
1. Earings: Chanluu silver turquoise drop earings $115
2. Top: Burberry brit v-neck cashmere sweater $450
3. Skirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs Roxy Herringbone wool blend $350
4. Bag: Lanvin Miss Santorial Leather bag $2500
5. Sunglasses: Linda Farrow Luxe d-frame watersnake sunglasses $735
6. Boots: Brian Atwood Ami Suede Platform ankle boots $1200
While I was choosing frames for my prescription glasses the other day, I, like everyone else, tried on at least 20 plus pairs before settling on a Tory Burch designer frames. Since they didn’t actually have a sample of the color I chose, I figured I could get online and see first hand the color I chose blindly. But, instead of finding the actual frames here to get a visual, I found some of my favorite outfits picks. Go figure :)
1. Ackly dress $575
2. doreen dress $495
3. tory tunic $325
4. melinda turtleneck $325
5. simone cardingan $225
6. robinson satchel $550
7. belinda bootie $395
Since finding a nice pair of full length, wide calf boots is really challenging, I have, over the years, grown to appreciate ankle boots even more. Sure, I walk past the full length boots and feel envious of those who can quickly zip them up, even while stuffing a pair of skinny jeans into them, I soon forget my woes, when I see that perfect pair of ankle boots to call my very own.
The best part is, this year, ankle boots are in and highly suggested to pair with almost any outfit. Finally!!! Anyway, check out some of my favorites from here and tell me what you think?
1. Red Valentino bow embellished sued ankle boots $495
2. Jimmy Choo Alanis leather ankel boots $975
3. Chloe Tucson metal cuffed leather ankle boots $850
4. Givenchy Patent leather cage ankel boots $1550
5. Christian Louboutin belle 100 glossed python ankle boot $1695
6. Michael Kohrs suede and patent leather ankle boots $295
Orange is an amazing Fall color but it is a hue that is sometimes challenging to pull off, especially if not carefully ensembled. I happen to love the color and based on my finds here, I am excited to report, I will most certainly incorporate the color into my fall fashion collection.
1. Halston Heritage cape-back silk crepe dress $445
2. Stella McCartney Kelly Wool-Twill skirt $695
3. J.Crew Stripped Jersey t-shirt $98
4. Prada d-frame acetate sunglasses $225
5. Kenneth Jay Lane Swarovski crystal clip on earings $95
6. J.Crew Canvas wedge sandals $230
7. Chloe Madeleine Leather Tote $2295
8. Bottega Veneta Intnecciato Leather I-Pad Sleeve $590
9. Burberry Brogue Print Silkscarf $395
Don’t get me wrong, I love color, but even though that is the case, I tend to shop for neutrals more so than any other color. I love the sensibility of it, the fact no matter how the industry shifts from one trend to another, you can always be sure neutrals are somewhere in there, year after year after year.
So, for that, I have included some of my latest favorite finds from here, which as usual I plan to duplicate this coming fall season:
1.Dress: Michael Kors Double Faced Angora and wool blend dress 1955USD
2.Sweater: Maison Martin Mangiela Wool/Silk blend cardigan 850USD
3.Bag: YSL Envelope Clutch 645
4.Shoes: Miu Miu Crystal Embellished patent leather 620USD
5.Sunglasses: Ilestreva Leonard Round Framed Acetata glasses 165USD
6.Earings: Monica Vinader Mini Luna Almond GP 335USD
7.Bracelet: Philippe Audibert Queens GP beaded cuff 505USD
8.Necklace: Mallarino Dalila 24K vermeil 925USD
I stumbled upon these dresses, from Victoria Beckham, while shopping here and I must say, she was definitely thinking about her own figure when she designed (or had a say so in designing) these dresses.
They are lovely, very conservative from the front and a touch of sexy from the back.
What do you think? Is this something you would consider for your fall wardrobe?
You may consider my taste in fashion very conservative and safe, but that wasn’t always the case. In my 20s and 30s I preferred bold colors, minis and all things daring to create my fashion statement. However, while on the other side of 40, I still occasionally dabble with daring, but overall prefer to stay with the most neutral of colors to make my fashion statement.
With that said, here is another outfit I put together from here, which I plan to duplicate very shortly.